Weatherization Program


<<RSVP Early Childhood Program>>


Lead Abatement Services 



When it comes to weatherizing your home, a home energy audit is a great place to start. CLICK HERE.

We provide weatherization services to residents of Menominee, Delta, Schoolcraft, Marquette and Alger counties who are income eligible. To learn more, keep reading.




The low-income Home Weatherization program is a FREE service funded by the Federal Department of Energy (DOE) and administered by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). The program provides free energy conservation services for eligible low-income households. DHHS contracts with Menominee-Delta-Schoolcraft Community Action Agency (MDS-CAA) to operate the program. The Agency determines applicant eligibility, performs the necessary inspections and contracts with qualified, licensed and insured private contractors to complete the work. These services reduce energy use and lower utility bills, thus creating more self sufficient households.

Energy savings services may include:

► Combustion appliance testing

► Installing ceiling insulation/ventilation

► Sidewall and floor insulation

► Interior sealing of major cold-air infiltration areas, utilizing blower door technology

► Repair, seal, or replace windows or doors


► Families and individuals who are interested in having their home weatherized must meet current Income Guidelines, which includes gross income of everyone residing in the home at the time of application. Students under 18 with a wage living at home are exempt.

► Recipients of FIP, SSI or SDA who have received benefits during any part of the past twelve months are automatically eligible

► Applicants must be residents of Menominee, Delta, Schoolcraft, Marquette or Alger counties, living in a dwelling that has not been weatherized after Sept. 30, 1994

How to Apply

► You must contact MDS-CAA to apply for services (click here)

► All applicants must provide proof of income for the previous three months

► Proof of income could include one or more of the following items:

"Award" letter from Social Security

Pay stubs with year to date totals

Letter from applicant's employer

Unemployment check stubs or benefit letter

Most current W-2 or 1040 tax statement if applying in first quarter of calendar year

♦ Copies of heat and electric bill


Homeowner must provide one of the following pieces of documentation:

► Recorded deed with name and address


► Recorded Land Contract


Mobile home owner must provide:

► Title with applicant's name


(NOTE: Forms accessed on this Web site are in PDF format. To download and print you may need to have a PDF reader such as Foxit Reader or Acrobat Reader installed.)

Renters must have landlord:

► Complete and sign landlord agreement(PDF). If you are on a land contract, this form is also required.

► Provide proof of ownership (see homeowner above)

► Provide rental or lease agreement signed by both landlord and applicant


Your first stop along the path to weatherization assistance begins with the Income Guidelines. Be sure to visit Links for energy saving tips, assistance and publications

Contact Us

For more information on the Weatherization Program, e-mail or call (906) 786-7080, ext. 151.

Income Guidelines

Apply for Weatherization

Links for energy-saving tips, assistance and publications